A 90 day beauty regime could be just the tool you’ve been waiting for to transform your appearance and give your skin the crucial “reset” it needs.
If you’ve been trying to get into a routine for a while now, but find yourself quickly losing track of all the healthy habits skin experts recommend, don’t panic. With so many serums, products, and routines recommended by countless gurus on the web, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. However, a simple 90-day routine could be all it takes to get the healthy skin you’ve been looking for.
Today, we’re going to take a quick look at everything you need to know about transforming your skin with the ultimate care routine.
Most of the new routine steps you’re going to implement to earn the healthy glow of your dreams will be long-term changes to the way you care for your skin. For instance, applying moisturizer on a regular basis, and finding the right skincare products for your specific kind of skin is crucial.
On day one, you won’t be able to see any significant changes from the changes you implement, but you can start making crucial decisions about how to change your habits. For instance, stopping smoking is one of the most valuable things you can do for your skin. Smoking contributes to the breakdown of collagen, which leads to lines and wrinkles. If you can’t give up completely straight away, try switching to an e-cigarette and gently winding down.
Next, make the decision to keep your weeknights alcohol-free. Alcohol can age the skin, as well as cause issues with dehydration. Instead, give yourself an antioxidant boost with some delicious herbal teas. Chamomile tea is great for stress relief, while peppermint tea can banish hormonal acne.
Try a supplement: Speaking of supplements, consider looking into specialist supplements designed to support healthy skin, hair, and nails, such as glutathione supplementation. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect your skin cells from damage caused by free radicals, which can lead to premature aging and other skin issues. There are plenty of great options out there, including those with an extra dose of collagen.
Finally, make the decision on day one to support your body with nutrient-rich super-foods as often as you can. Here are some great products to get more of:
· Citrus fruits
Once you’ve made those essential decisions and changes to your habits on day one, the next step is implementing some regular changes to your beauty habits. For instance, on a daily basis, try switching out sugary sodas with water. You can infuse water with delicious fruits and herbs to get some extra flavour if you find it boring on your own.
Sugary drinks are packed full of products which can damage your skin, increasing your risk of wrinkles, excess oil, and unwanted acne. While you’re getting rid of sugary drinks, try implementing a new habit of lemon and water before bed. Lemon water gets rid of wrinkles by increasing the collagen in your skin, and it can also help fight off the toxins that cause acne.
Other quick ways to improve your skin health on a daily basis include:
· Improving your sleep cycle: Get the rest you need. Beauty sleep is a real thing, as sleep deprivation can increase your risk of various problems like acne and wrinkles. You’ll need at least 6 to 9 hours of sleep per night to rejuvenate your skin.
· Relax more often: Stress is one of the worst ingredients you can dose your skin with. Make sure you find time to relax and unwind as often as you can, even if it’s just with a good book or a hot bath.
· Moisturize regularly: Moisturizing your skin helps to improve its health, and fight against sun damage, among other problems. Moisturize within three minutes of washing your face to help lock in the extra moisture.
· Cleanse your face: Cleansing oils are excellent for getting rid of unwanted dirt in your pores while ensuring you don’t fully dry out your skin. Look for skin products specifically suited to your skin type to get the best results.
· Stock up on vitamins: There are tons of vitamins which can significantly improve your skin health. While you can take supplements to access these substances, it’s best to get them into your diet. Try a smoothie for breakfast to get some extra vitamin A, C, E, and K.
· Try a supplement: Speaking of supplements, consider looking into specialist supplements designed to support healthy skin, hair and nails. There are plenty of great options out there, including those with an extra dose of collagen.
· Brush your teeth: Good oral health is important to your beauty too. Make sure you brush and floss twice per day for the best results.
Now it’s time to look at the beauty routine steps you can take on a semi-less frequent basis to deliver the right results. For instance, while washing your face every day is a must, shampooing and conditioning your hair should only be done twice a week. This will help to restore the natural oils and nutrients your hair needs to thrive. Consider using a coconut oil hair mask from time to time to moisturise and maintain your locks.
On a weekly basis, trim and moisturize your nails, and treat your skin to a home-made face mask. You can find some delightful natural options to make yourself at home. Other ways to boost your beauty routine on a weekly basis include:
· Exercise more often: Exercise is crucial for sweating out toxins and keeping you trim. You’ll need some intense cardio about 3 times a week and resistance training 3 times per week if you want to boost your skin tone and improve your entire body appearance. Depending on your age, you can look into some less intensive workouts from time to time.
· Try yoga: Use yoga on your rest days to stretch your muscles and help move toxins out of your system. Yoga will also help to destress you, which is crucial for a good healthy routine.
· Exfoliate: A little exfoliation is a great way to get rid of unwanted dry skin and oils that might be clogging up your pores. Avoid exfoliating too often, however, as this can end up damaging your skin.
Now it’s time to look at the parts of your weekly routine you’ll only focus on once every two weeks. For instance, you’ll probably only need a full manicure and pedicure session on a fortnightly basis, provided your nails don’t grow too quickly.
You can also try waxing or threading your eyebrows on a bi-monthly basis if you want to create a specific shape. This is a great way to avoid the threat of over-tweezing. To keep your hair in fantastic condition, try applying a hot oil or specific hair treatment.
Hair removal is a totally optional part of any routine, so it’s up to you to decide if you want to wax your eyebrows and other areas at this point.
Finally, on a monthly basis in your 90-day routine, you can start looking at some of the simple strategies you can use to enhance your appearance less-often. For instance, you could treat yourself to a body wrap to help flush out toxins . Body wraps are excellent for making you look and feel slimmer too, as they help to minimize excess water weight.
If hair removal is part of your beauty regime, you can arrange a regular leg and underarm waxing once a month. It’s also worth looking into your hair maintenance options. You might want to dye or re-dye your hair at this point, and trim your hair and fringe to get rid of those pesky split ends.
For a final monthly treat, give yourself a fantastic face mask and a little me-time.
There you have it!
Everything you need for the perfect beauty habit. Now, all you need to do is decide which of the strategies above you’re going to continue for longer than 90 days!
Comments will be approved before showing up.